Seattle Mini Maker Faire will showcase the amazing work of all kinds and ages of makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience. We encourage you to join the fun and enter a project to exhibit.
- Seattle Mini Maker Faire: June 2 and 3, 2012 .
- Maker Application Due Date: April 7, 2012 . Please enter early so we can reserve space for your exhibit.
- Maker Info and Application Form
The first step to participating in Seattle Mini Maker Faire is to submit an entry that tells us about yourself and your project. Entries can be submitted from individuals as well as from groups, such as hobbyist clubs and schools. Please provide a short description of what you make and what you would like to bring to Seattle Mini Maker Faire, including links to photographs and/or videos of your project. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- Student Projects
- Games, game designs and puzzles
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Musical instrument makers
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
Maker Entry Categories
You can apply as a:
- Maker (no fee)
- Commercial Maker ($50 fee)
- Presenter (no fee, a scheduled 20 or 50 minute presentation)
What Happens Next
After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirming that we have your application. If you don’t receive this email, let us know: MakerCoordinator@makerfaireseattle.com. Acceptances are sent via email in April. Once accepted, makers are asked to complete a Maker Agreement.
Ongoing correspondence from the Maker Faire team will keep you up-to-date on open houses, town hall meetings, maker check-in and load-in logistics.
View, or print and share the Call for Makers flier here: Call for Makers Seattle
We look forward to seeing you at Seattle Mini Maker Faire!