The application for exhibits or booths is now closed. The deadline was January 25, 2014. However, we are still accepting Sponsors and applications to present or perform in the 200-seat theater during Seattle Mini Maker Faire on March 22nd and 23rd.
Call for Presentations and Performances
When: March 22-23rd, 2014
Where: EMP Museum Seattle Wa.
Maker Exhibit – an all-weekend exhibit space to demonstrate your project(s)
Entry Opens: December 16th 2013
Entry Closes: March 1st, 2014 More details below!
You can fill out more than one proposal. Before you start your application, select a quality photo of your project, any links to your previous presentations or videos of performances.
Info for Exhibitors and Presenters
Individuals, groups, schools and organizations that would like to demonstrate what they make and how it works in an all-weekend exhibit space; interactive exhibits are encouraged. For maker groups, please have one point person to coordinate your efforts.
General Information on Booths:
- Small Booth (6’ x 8’, includes one 6-foot table, 2 chairs, and one 3-prong electrical outlet as part of the booth fee).
- Large Booth (12’ x 8’, includes two 6-foot tables, 2 chairs, and two 3-prong electrical outlets as part of booth fee).
- Additional power and chairs can be provided for an added fee to the Exhibitor at a rate of $10.00 per outlet and $10.00 per chair.
- Outdoor booths may be available for Makers that have needs outside of the typical booth specifications.
Maker Exhibit Fees (Two sub-types):
- Emerging Businesses (less than 25 employees), Non-Profit and Cause or Mission Based Associations, Institutions and Organizations: Small Booths ($120), Large Booths ($175)
- Established Businesses (more than 25 employees): Small Booths ($500), Large Booths ($750)
- There is no fee for presentations or performances in the theater.
- Non-Profit and Cause or Mission Based Associations, Institutions and Organizations: If you cannot afford this fee, please continue to fill out the application, indicate you are a Non-Profit or Organization and provide details in the space indicated. We will take this into consideration while reviewing your application, we have limited scholarships and grants we can apply toward reducing or making booths free.
- For Commercial Makers: Please indicate if you would like to sell or market products along with demonstrating what they make at their maker exhibit. If you are a company or commercial entity, we have great opportunities available—please see Sponsors.
- Performer: Musicians and entertainers who would like to perform at Maker Faire. Performances are going to be at the JBL Theater and scheduled for approximately 50 minutes. Set lengths vary. Some performances in the past have been roaming and unscheduled, which is also okay. Please mention scheduling details in your application.
- If you need a space, away from a JBL Theater to perform many times during the weekend, fill out the Maker Exhibit application.
Sponsors: Companies and commercial entities are welcomed as sponsors at Maker Faire. Click here for more information about Sponsorship Opportunities.
Here are just a few project ideas for exhibits and presentations:
Kits and components
Interactive art projects
3D Printers and CNC Mills
Home energy monitoring
Cameras and microphones
Rockets and RC toys
Vintage computers and kits
Biology/Biotech and chemistry projects
Puppets and hand-made interactive toys
Kites, bikes and boats
Shelter (tents, domes)
Music Performance and Participation
Unusual Tools or Machines
How to Fix Things (Vacuums, Clocks)
What Happens Next
Immediately following your submission, you will receive and email confirming that we have your application. If you don’t receive this email, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptances are sent via email approximately 2 months before the show. Once accepted, begin to plan for your participation. We will send regular Maker Newsletter updates and your Maker Agreement in advance of the event.We look forward to seeing you at Seattle Mini Maker Faire!