If you are a confirmed exhibitor for the Seattle Mini Maker Faire, please refer to the information packet for more details regarding exhibiting at Seattle Mini Maker Faire. This packet provides more information to help you navigate the expectations and logistics of SMMF to help make your experience more memorable, positive, and rewarding. The SMMF production team have created a little more information on some of the exhibitor roles and responsibilities to help you prepare and design an exhibit that is safe, interactive, and enjoyable for the public.
Seattle Mini Maker Faire is expanding its footprint to include both EMP Museum as well as surrounding Seattle Center locations to make room for even more makers.
- Orientation Meetings: Friday, July 11, 11:00am-12:30pm or Saturday, July 12, 3:30pm-5:00pm at EMP Museum
- Load-In for All Makers: September 18, 2015
- Seattle Mini Maker Faire: September 19–20, 2015, 10:00am-5:00pm
PHASE 1: CALL FOR MAKERS (April 2015 – July 1, 2015 Application Deadline)
In order to assist the Seattle Mini Maker Faire Outreach Committee spread the word about the Call for Makers and the event, we have created a toolkit of suggested emails and posts for you..
The first phase is to get more makers and organizations involved, and increase the number of applications to Seattle Mini Maker Faire. How you can help:
- Forward along our electronic Call for Makers. (We will send this to you soon.)
- Post some posters and hand out flyers in your community.
- Suggest projects to us and make an email intro with the Seattle Mini Maker Faire team.
- Post info, tag us, and share our posts on social media.
- Personally invite organizations, potential sponsors, and individuals to apply.
Suggested Talking Points:
A guide for some suggested talking points to use in email + Twitter and Facebook posts is listed below. Please “like” us and “follow” us so you can share posts. Note: we’re flexible on the language; this is just something to get you started. Feel free to also post photos of projects that you are excited about and tag us!
Please include the hashtag in your posts and try to include a link to our website for more info.
Link to include in posts:
Hashtag(s) to include in posts:
Twitter handles (Follow us!):
Facebook Pages (Like us and share posts!):
Short-form talking points:
- Calling all makers, techies, crafters, homesteaders, artists, tinkerers! Seattle Mini Maker Faire wants you! [link to makerfaireseattle.com or empmuseum.org/makerfaire] #MakerFaireSea
- #MakerFaireSea is looking for makers to set up shop @EMPMuseum in September! Apply now! [link to makerfaireseattle.com or empmuseum.org/makerfaire]
- I’m proud to be collaborating on #MakerFaireSea with @EMPMuseum! We are seeking maker and DIY projects to exhibit in September! [link to makerfaireseattle.com or empmuseum.org/makerfaire]
- Seeking projects to Make – Break – Share –Repeat @MakerFaireSea @EMPMuseum in September! [link to makerfaireseattle.com or empmuseum.org/makerfaire]
Long-form talking points:
The Seattle Mini Maker Faire is the greatest show (and tell) on earth—a family-friendly festival of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement. Anyone who embraces the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an enthusiastic audience is welcome to apply! Seattle Mini Maker Faire is seeking makers of all ages, as well as hobbyist groups, schools, non-profit organizations, and commercial businesses. Tech enthusiasts, crafters, homesteaders, scientists, and garage tinkerers are all encouraged to apply.
Seattle Mini Maker Faire will be held on September 19-20, 2015 (Application Deadline: July 1) at EMP Museum and the Next 50 Plaza of Seattle Center. #MakerFaireSea [link to makerfaireseattle.com or empmuseum.org/makerfaire]
Email to send to a maker, organization, or sponsor that you want to be involved:
I am proud to be a collaborator on the fourth annual Seattle Mini Maker Faire on September 19-20, 2015 at EMP Museum and the Next 50 Plaza of Seattle Center.
One of the primary goals of this festival is to elevate awareness of the inventive, creative, resourceful, and DIY-spirited projects coming out of our community, and to celebrate the Maker movement around the globe on a local level.
This two-day festival will showcase makers from around the region, and feature talks, live demonstrations, and booths displaying the work of tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, engineers, science clubs, authors, artists, students, and commercial exhibitors. Part science fair, part street fair, part full-on innovation movement, the event aims to inspire makers of all ages to further their passion for creation, as well as to ignite a passion for “Making” in all those who are in attendance.
We are currently seeking makers and projects to feature at Seattle Mini Maker Faire. I think you’d be a great fit and would like to invite you apply! I’m happy to answer any specific questions you might have, or you can find more information here: makerfaireseattle.com and empmuseum.org/makerfaire.
We hope to see you there!